Separate names with a comma.
Welcome to Stafford Forum. Please log-in or sign-up and start posting!
Discussion in 'General Chat' started by db, Oct 29, 2007.
Oh, don’t know how I did that lol
It appears to have been resolved...
The blue one has the look of Lobelia - I hacked a load back last night.
Earlier on this year...
You could try the Seek app. Load it up and photograph your plant for identification. Not 100% reliable on trees but still pretty good.
I just knew it would get complicated. THAT'S WHY I DON'T DO GARDENING.
1st looks like a marigold, no idea on 2nd, third is definatly a lobelia
I'm agreeing with @Noah, they both look like rambler roses.
Did that and both have come out as Roses but of an unidentified type.
THAT'S IT, I'M GOING TO CONCRETE THE ENTIRE GARDEN OVER ....
I'll paint some flowers on the concrete ....
They're only weeds if you don't want them there....
I tested the Seek app on the two trees and it said: European Ash for the Ash tree (I'll be explaining Brexit to it later) and Sessile Oak for the Oak tree. I tried it on another bush/tree thing on the other side of the garden and it said: Amygdaloideae. I'm sorry, but that App is taking the piss out of me ...
Just do this , seems to be the 'thing' around here ...
Can I assume that these (unidentified) roses and the Archaeopteryx thingy Seek identified will give the bees something to loot ... ?
(I can't deny this Seek App is going to have me assaulting plants all over the place on walks.)
Thanks @Trumpet for the tip on the Seek App.
(Mind you, if I get arrested for Plant Stalking I'm blaming you ... )
My spanner too, sorry @Carole love, but I think they're roses too. Peonys don't normally grow so big, or the ones we had up Crab Lane didn't. x
I put the Seek App on this plant and it came up with some weird Latin name: RunnasLikusFukkus.
Yes just had a closer look and I hadn’t noticed the buds before, yes I agree I think they are roses.
'You'll have to ask her' isn't offering to explain stuff.
Anyway, this is about gardening. Today, after 5 years of coming out of the end of the drive, the polypipe that feeds the bottom of the garden was dug in and connected to the mains. We no longer need to roll out an 80m hose to water the greenhouse (if the water butts are empty).
I did that a while back - and fitted the tap in the greenhouse, for added availability in the winter.
It does mean that the door has to be open an inch, if the hose is the be used outside, but that's not a huge issue in the times when a hose is likely to be used.
There is water in the greenhouse, the polypipe has come up from underneath, a copper run attaches to it that is controlled by a solenoid valve (itself controlled by a raspberry pi) with a dripper kit attached for plants on the shelving, and a soaker hose for those in the ground. There is pipe in place for the other greenhouse, which I am told is getting moved this winter.