Separate names with a comma.
Welcome to Stafford Forum. Please log-in or sign-up and start posting!
Discussion in 'Stafford Chat' started by MISS T, Nov 28, 2006.
Keegan awaits once you are down there.
This one -
- like the last one, is probably not on staffspasttrack, so if anyone out there is on the case, could you do the do?
History and all that, what? I've got some other stuff as well, i'll have to have a look to see if it's unique.
I 'collected' those photos from somewhere else on my cyber travels too and remember getting my Sherlock magnifying glass out to try and find clues to when this picture may have been taken. My guess was April 1981.
1. Kevin Keegan played for England until 1982
2. The kit he's wearing is from 1981
3. The advert for Karate at Riverside definitely says Saturday April, and then I think it's followed by 11th. Checking on MS Windows calendar, 11th April did fall on a Saturday in 1981 - the next time this happened was in 1987
4. The Donnington poster says '1981 Features March to June" (I think).
5. The calendar in the other Sportsco photo shows April, and it looks like every 7th day is coloured in red to depict the end of the week. If that's the case, then it shows that Sunday in April 1981 was the 12th.
6. The collars on velvet boy are shocking.
And all that deduction 'work' was done well before lock down.
Ah, that's a blast from the past. Did they replace Halpin, or was it next door to them? Did Stafford Lighting move anywhere else after that? I don't think it was the one up Greyfriars, wasn't that Stafford Lighting?
Bratt & Dyke's, mostly furniture.
Did there used to be a small Woolworths to the right of the now Guildhall main entrance that only sold food, in addition to the 'main' Woolworths?
Or did I dream that?
There was and originally it was the Woolworths main store before it became the food Hall
Yeah, when Woollys moved down the road, didn't the old location become Brian's Wallpaper or something like that. There was a lot of whinging when he painted the flat side of the building a light blue .. that I do remember. (Personally I liked it.)
Did you get an answer to this? In the mid/late 80's it was a BL dealership as part of Longton Garages. When they closed down that was when Peter Boynton took over but they weren't BL dealers. I don't think it was BL before Longton.
Spent a couple hours earlier going through this thread, some very interesting info. I only got as far as this post.
Longton Garages. You absolute bloody star. Fifteen years that's been bugging me.
Could it have been from the last time i posted them?
Because i 'think' it was from the last time i posted them.
I had to search way back in my emails and download them as .jpeg files to a completely new computer so that i could upload them to imgur and then post them here once more. Because that would have been easier than using the useless 'search' function on this ... otherwise wonderful ... website.
I know for a FACT that these are otherwise 404 shit.
I have more, like this
You don't know me...
I remember now, and sportsco as well!
I can never find what I'm looking for on the Staffordshre Past Track..seems my search criteria never works....e.g. search for Stafford high street 1985 - 1997...nothing comes up.
That's because it isn't the High Street . Try Greengate Street for the part south of the Market Square, and Gaolgate Street for the part north.
dont forget bridge street
Bridge Street in 1978 and a couple of years or so ago: